Ring My Bell

Ring My Bell

Mar 11-1So, last week I talked about the death of my engagement ring and anticipation of being reunited with the new version.  Well, there were dozens of phone calls made.  I was told I would receive the new ring last Friday.  Cool.  Thursday night, though, Milton receives an email stating I will receive it on Tuesday instead?  Excuse me? What happened to Friday, Saturday or Monday?  Once again flustered, Milton calls to look into the situation.

They couldn’t mail it by Friday but now said it would arrive on Saturday via Overnight Saturday delivery.  I was given a tracking number and watched it the entire time.  It left Seattle, Washington Friday at 4:10pm, left FedEx ramp at 7:22pm, arrived in Memphis at 12:55am, left FedEx ramp at 4:40am, arrive in Louisville at 6:27am, on FedEx vehicle at 8:00am.

Now, here’s where it gets tricky!  I teach Zumba classes every Saturday morning from 9:30-10:15am.  I placed several notes on the door asking the delivery person to leave the package at a neighbor’s house.  Before I left, I called FedEx and asked about what time they may come.  I was told that I (not someone else) must be there to sign for the package and that it would be delivered by noon.

So here it is 8:45am.  I know the package is in route and I have to teach a class. What’s a girl to do?!  I waited as late as possible to leave and drove slowly down my street in case a FedEx truck was near. I started Zumba with the wonderful ladies and told them I would need to leave right after class because of my engagement ring dilemma.  Their response was – “What are you doing here?  Go home and wait for it!”  Luckily my right hand lady Jessica was there and stepped in to teach the class.

I ran out the door, into my car and drove quickly home.  Toward the end of my street I saw something that looked like a truck.  As I approached my driveway I saw the FedEx driver pull away!  Luckily I live by a cul-de-sac so the driver had to turnaround.  As she drove toward me I jumped out of my car and jumped up and down for her to stop.  I told her who I was and she said, “Honey, I felt so sorry for you. I saw all the notes you left on your front door so I went on and left it with your neighbor.”  I told her how appreciative I was.  I got the box and drove back to Zumba.  A couple hours later Milton and I met halfway in Seymour, IN.  He opened the box and re-presented me with my engagement ring.  This new ring is absolutely amazing in an emerald cut! Let the wedding planning continue!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s