It’s 1:30am and for some reason I can not sleep. I should be sleeping well because tomorrow I will be released from the hospital. I haven’t had many other sleepness night, but for some reason tonight I am awake. I’m not having contractions, I’m not nauseated, I’m not having discharge – I just can’t sleep.
Tomorrow, well now I guess it’s actually today is April 28, 2012. It’s exactly one month from the day I “stopped by” Baptist East to see my OB-GYN and somehow that led to four weeks of bed rest in a bed that didn’t belong to me. Here’s a list of the top things I have not seen or had to worry about while on bed rest.
1. The price of gas! – The last vehicle I rode in was an ambulance a month ago. I remember always passing gas stations and watching the gas prices (usually rise) but now I could not tell you how the inside of my car feels or looks.
2. Shoes! – Who needs shoes when you’re in a hospital and the only flexibilities you get are a wheelchair ride and a 10 minute walk around your floor. Me and my socks rocked it in style!
3. Bras! – Once again, I have no reason to look cute for anyone and my belly definitely overshadows my breasts. Although I only wore the hospital gown the first night, t-shirts and silk pajamas have kept me comfortable in bed.
4. A coat! – Who cares what the weather is outside if you’ll never get to enjoy it. I couldn’t even tell you if it was warm or cold outside each day. Well, I did wear a coat for my Thunder Over Louisville date with Milton. And it was Milton’s coat, it was mine.
5. Stair! My walking has been restricted to 10 minutes on my floor. Steps are an unheard of word. I sure hope they don’t tire me out once I get home and have to use them to get up and downstairs.
6. Grass! What’s that?
7. Washing machine and dryer! – Okay, I’m kinda glad I didn’t have to see those. Thanks to my amazing husband for washing (and folding!) all of our clothes each week.
8. My Fitness Studio! – Luckily the night before I entered the hospital I taught Zumba classes. One of my biggest struggles with being here was having the studio covered. I definitely miss all the ladies. Even though I’m going home, I know I won’t be able to do Zumba for a little while longer. And if Baby Turner comes early, it will be a little bit longer than that!
9. A grocery store or kitchen! I’ll admit with this one too, that I’ve been spoiled with eating. I get breakfast, lunch and dinner delivered (in bed) to me and all I have to do is look at a menu and decide which items I want. Milton is the better cook in our house and I hope I keep eating enough at home to keep my weight up.