Redbox Scare

 Redbox Scare

You know some things just seem to keep calling your name?  That’s how I felt recently each time I went to Redbox.  There was this movie on the display that I’d never heard of with black actors on the cover.  After a day of needing to rest my body, I decided to invest my dollar and check it out.  I quickly ran out the door, drove down the street and got the movie. I returned a quick time later.  Since it was just a quick trip, I didn’t set my house alarm.

As I walked into the house and closed the door, I heard something crash upstairs. I didn’t know who/what it was so I became nervous. I stood still for a second to listen for more noises.  Then I called Milton and in a whisper voice told him what happened.  He told me I needed to leave and call 911.  Being the stubborn person I am, I told him I didn’t want it to be a false call, especially since I no longer heard sounds.  But, I was still scared!

So, what did I do?  I set the house alarm and left. I pulled my car out of the driveway and waited. I figured if someone was in the house, as soon as he/she started moving the alarm would go off and my alarm company would notify the authorities.  And I waited.  And waited.  And Milton stayed on the phone, and we waited.  Nothing happened.

I eventually went back into the house and walked around upstairs looking for clues of intruders or fallen objects. Nothing was to be seen.  I set the downstairs motion detector for the rest of the night for added protection.

The worse thing about the entire night was that the movie was simply horrible!!!  I played it all the way through the end although I don’t remember watching most of it.

To make matters worse, the next day at 8:55pm I looked at the clock and realized I hadn’t returned the movie.  The last thing I wanted to do was pay an extra $1.20 to keep the movie an extra day. I rushed out of the house and pushed the pedal to the metal to hopefully get to the Redbox by 9:00pm.  I (tried) to rapidly insert in the disk, but you know it takes a second to process it.  By then all I could do was pray…. and my prayer got answered because by the time I got safely home, I received the glorious inbox stating I was only charged for one day!  Hooray!

November 2011

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s